Boys Bedroom Wishlist

Round Rug | H&M
Basket | H&M
Blanket | H&M
Bunting | Grey September
Wood Hanger | H&M 
Adventure Rug | Nordic Nest
Pen Pot | La Redoute

Since my son, Nuh, has just moved into his very own room I thought I'd share a few things that are on my wishlist.  Whilst I've been waiting for his room to be painted I decided to put together a moodboard to help me visualise how to put it altogether.

Is it just me or does everyone get that overwhelming feeling of anxiety when you look through all the things you like and then all of a sudden you've gone down a hole and seen so many things that you just get all confused and everything looks a mess!  I've gone down that rabbit hole plenty of times so making a moodboard really helps me to figure out what will work and what won't.  It also helps me to budget and stops me from buying anything I don't need or won't use.

Nuh's room has been painted with all cream walls, not white as for me it's way too bright.  So a warm cream, not too dark just a lovely light warm colour and then on the feature wall we went all pinteresty and painted mountains in blackboard paint.  Since his room isn't too big, although it's a decent size to fit a wardrobe, bed and still have space to play, I thought why not make the most of it and have a wall that'll let him get creative.  It's also magnetic which is great since we have collected so many magnetic letters, they can finally be put to good use.

I love Hygge style and anything scandi is always a win for me so I decided to mix wood, metal, lots of lovely textures and a splash of yellow, since it's his favourite colour to bring it all together.  There's plenty of storage for toys and we also have space for a table and chairs where Nuh can do his homework and colouring which he enjoys.  I have a thing for bunting so when I spotted this on an interior design Instagram page, I added it to my list immediately.

I'm also looking into buying some artwork for the walls but haven't come across anything I totally love so I'm still on the hunt.  Or maybe I could ask Nuh to paint a picture, anything abstract would look wonderful.  It would also make a lovely keepsake and something to look back on.

I know his room will take a while to be complete but honestly I don't think a room can ever be absolutely complete as I know there's always a new find that can be added or things can always be changed around, but for now I think this is going to be just what he needs.

What do you think?  I hope you like it.

Comments

back to top